Submitted By: Hart District ROP
In response to feedback from the CTE/ROP District Advisory Committee comprised of local business and community leaders, Hart District Regional Occupational Program will be offering student workshops focusing on employability skills. Hart ROP has become a certified center to offer the Next Skills Institute workshop curriculum developed through the Economic & Workforce Development Offices of the California Community Colleges.
In collaboration with junior college students in the TEACH Program at College of the Canyons, Next Skills modules will be offered to students participating in the workshops.
Next Skills Institute topics include:
1. Employability Skills
2. Creativity and Innovation
3. Service Orientation
4. Effective Communication for Success in School, Life, and Work
5. Valuing Diversity at Work
6. Interpersonal Skills for Teams
7. CANDO: Navigating Technology
8. Beyond Interviewing: What Every High School Student Should Expect
The outcome for students mastering the content will be a Next Skills Institute Certificate of Proficiency.